Thursday, December 8, 2016

More awning work

The awning is coming together slowly.....those 8' and 18' long seams are long!!!!

Making the "bead" that will slip thru the aluminum railing on the camper to hold the awning in place.  1/4" line from the hardware store.



Using a special pressure foot that allows me to sew close to the cord.



I did the same process (with a slightly smaller cord) to make the piping at the top of all the narrow edge trim pieces. 


There is one 18' piece and 2 - 8' pieces of this..... These will have scalloped edges as soon as my orange colored binding comes in the mail!




And the last thing I did today was applique these patches - they are at each point that we will install the brass grommets for the support poles. It's just re-enforcement. We will install the grommets after I attach the side pieces to make that sewing a bit easier.



And that's it for today!!

1 comment: