Thursday, February 13, 2014

Vinyl shelf paper removal

Just using this snowy day to do some more cleaning. Here's our lovely little head....or bathroom....I don't know what you call it in a travel trailer!  The tub actually matches the sink - they're both "harvest gold" true to their 1973 heritage!  I don't know why the photo makes the tub look green....










Nothing major today - just decided that some of this vintage shelf paper had to go!  It's some sort of really-good stuck on vinyl.   It wouldn't pull of easily - just tore in small pieces.




Handy heat gun to the rescue.  In low heat mode, the putty knife just pushed it away.  Easy-peasy!  I did wear my fresh-forced-air mask since the fumes from the vinyl seemed noxious!




All pretty!  I don't know if I'll put anything back.  Lots of time to figure that out!


2 comments:

  1. It's a neat little bathroom and triangular cubbie...love the 70s vinyl too...we had a lot of it in this house too..

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Enjoy your new project!

    ReplyDelete