Saturday, February 15, 2014

Chilly day here....so we played (worked) on the project....

In order to gain access to repair the floor, we need to remove the bottom aluminum skin.  I say "we", but we all know that mostly means "Duane".....I am "gopher".....I go "fer" the tools as he needs them.....




It was actually quite a chore.  Lots of rivets to remove.  The trailer had to be jacked up so he could gain access behind the axles.  But skin is off now - this will likely be replaced with brand new.   Looks small here but is 12' long!




My fun for the day was grinding rust from the frame.  An amazing amount of rust!





Making lots of progress - the frame is now exposed to the floor below.   Rust treatment and painting soon!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my...that is a lot of work...I'm sure it will be beautiful in the end...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete