Sunday, January 29, 2017

Window shade repair

The shade for the rear window appears to be original to the trailer from 1973. It's necessary since the sheer curtains let lots of light in - but they give almost no privacy.

The part of the shade that was exposed for years is crumpled and discolored.



I did a preliminary amount of shopping and it's clear that shades are no longer a popular window covering!!  


Fortunately, the blind is about 5 times longer than it needs to be for the short window.   So, I decided to simply cut it and modify it to use the existing "pull".



I just made a pocket with the sewing machine for the existing pull board.




I was worried that the plastic would tear, but it sewed very nicely!





And it worked perfectly - cost - almost nothing!!


1 comment:

  1. Perfect...I wonder if they made it super long just so you could do that...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete