Saturday, April 26, 2014

Rear Window Progress

The rear window was in rough shape....

Here's the Day 1 photo:






I've left out lots of intermediate steps...I removed the old glazing  and the old cloudy windows.....lots of cleaning up the "goop" that was used to keep the old windows in place.    I took the existing windows to my local glass shop and had them make duplicates in safety glass, tinted gray.



The process of putting the new glass is was pretty straightforward.  I stretched some regular automotive black "goo" into a thin bead around the entire frame.



Hard to see, but the glass is in place now.  You're seeing the reflection of the hangar roof....



Then we put on the same black glazing we'd used on the other windows.





And here is the completed window!!!  We're not putting it back in place yet because we're busy fixing the floor rot in the rear of the camper.  Installation is pretty easy - just about 20 screws and some sealant.   


1 comment:

  1. Better than new! I love the reflection in the last photo...airplane (avion in French) and the spring trees...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete